Best Burger and Fries EVERFrom silver_raven_venus 8 years ago
How to make it
- Heat the stovetop to a medium temp (not too hot with olive oil)
- Drizzle the oil on the heated pan (keep the temp at a medium)
- Put fries into the pan, let fry for about 3 minutes
- (Prep shroom in the meantime...try to keep the bottomside from getting wet while cleaning it off-best bet is to use a tough moist paper towel to wipe off dirt. Remove the stub completely, should pop right off.)
- Put burger on. Takes about 3 min. each side, unless you want it darker.
- When it's near done, add the portabella into the pan, bottom down. It should be sizzly, so add oil as needed.
- While waiting, get the bun ready and warmed.
- Slather on some of the tofutti cream cheese and split the capers on the top and bottom of the bun.
- Flip the Mushroom over, and continue to cook until it's nice and juicy, turn over for one more sizzle.
- Burger goes on the bottom
- Put the portabella mushroom on the top so that the bottom is upside down (helps hold the capers on the bun).
- Fries out of the pan-should be nice and browned and crunchy. If you like them less done, start the burger first ^_^.
- Put the two sides of the burger together and enjoy the BEST ever vegan portabella burger.
- You will wonder why you weren't vegan years ago!!