Shrimp Tomato and Basil PastaFrom hayleesgrandma 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails removed) shopping list
- coarse salt and ground pepper shopping list
- 6 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes in juice shopping list
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved shopping list
- 1/2 pound linguine shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces, plus extra leaves for garnish (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 4 teaspoons oil over high. Add shrimp; cook until opaque throughout, turning occasionally, 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- Make sauce: To the same skillet, add remaining 2 teaspoons oil and garlic; cook over medium heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add canned tomatoes and their juice, along with 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes have softened and are saucy, about 15 minutes. Remove sauce from heat; stir in cherry tomatoes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain; return pasta to pot. Add tomato sauce, shrimp, and basil; season with salt and pepper, and toss. Serve immediately, garnished with basil leaves, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!