Pineapple Fruit BowlFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
How to make it
- If the pineapple boat fruit salad is being prepared for the main course, plan on one pineapple half for each person.
- Begin by thoroughly washing the outside of the the pineapple.
- Lay the pineapple down on a large plate or cutting board with the top facing you.
- With a large sharp knife, cut the pineapple in half from the bottom to the top so that each half has half of the green leafy top.
- Using a curved grapefruit knife, cut around the inside of one of the pineapple halves about 3/8 inch (1 cm) from the outside, being careful not to cut through the skin of the pineapple.
- Then cut the inside into 4 or 5 lengthwise wedges, being careful not to cut through the skin.
- Begin removing the wedges from both sides of the pineapple, using the knife to release any pineapple that was not cut through.
- Then slide the knife under the center wedges to loosen them.
- Cut the wedges into bite sized pieces and place them in a large mixing bowl along with any juice.
- Repeat with the other half.
- Wash and peel the oranges, separate into sections, cut the sections into bite sized pieces, and add to the mixing bowl.
- Peel and slice the bananas and add to the mixing bowl.
- Add the blueberries, and mix all the fruit together.
- Spoon the fruit back into the hollowed out pineapple halves, so that it is mounded above the pineapple.
- Serve very well chilled.