Cola-baked Ham With Cherry-orange GlazeFrom pinkpasta 8 years ago
- 1 (12 - 15 pound) fully cooked bone-in ham shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1 (2 liter) bottle cola shopping list
- 3/4 cup cherry preserves or jelly shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons orange flavored liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier) shopping list
- biscuits or dinner rolls, accompaniment shopping list
- creole mustard, accompaniment shopping list
- * Will serve 12 to 20 shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Trim rind and excess fat from the ham, leaving a 1/4-inch think layer of fat. With a sharp knife, score the fat in a diamond pattern. Place the ham in large roasting pan and sprinkle with the allspice. Pour the cola into the pan and bake uncovered 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting every 15 minutes with the pan juices.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the cherry preserves, orange juice, and liqueur over medium heat and cook, stirring, until melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the ham from the oven and brush the top and sides with the cherry glaze. Return the ham to the oven and bake, brushing with pan juices and glaze every 15 minutes and tenting the ham with foil if browning too quickly, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of ham without touching the bone registers 140 degrees F., about 15 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the ham from oven and let rest for 30 minutes to 1 hour before slicing. Serve warm or at room temperature, thinly sliced, with biscuits or dinner rolls and mustard to make sandwiches. ( * Although the recipe does not say so, you do not have to make this recipe only as a sandwich. It can be served as the main entree' on it's own.).
The Cookpinkpasta Upstate, SC
The Rating3 people
Cookin Moms348 members
Comfort Foods772 members
Southern Essentials225 members
Southern Cooks556 members
Party Food316 members
Good Down Home Southern Food195 members
Family Favourites134 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Tailgate Time129 members
Lets Tailgate21 members