Chicken Water Chestnut Paprika - Tried and True Estate Sale RecipeFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 2-1/2 teaspoons paprika shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 12 chicken pieces skinned and boned shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic finely minced shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 2 cups sour cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry sherry shopping list
- 15 water chestnuts drained and sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a bag combine flour, paprika, cayenne, ginger, basil, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Shake chicken pieces a few at a time in flour mixture.
- In a skillet brown chicken on all sides in hot butter then transfer to a shallow baking dish.
- Sauté garlic in drippings for 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, sherry and water chestnuts.
- Heat through stirring constantly but do not boil then pour over chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating2 people
Excellent combination of flavors, and the crunch of the chestnuts against the chicken and cream should be very nice. btw, do you have any recipes for chestnut puree in desserts?pieplate in Claremont loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!