Chili-spiced Corn BreadFrom craftyazgirl 6 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 can (4oz.) chopped green chilies, drained shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400.F
- Spray an 8 inch square baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal sugar, Baking powder, chili powder, and salt. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, chilies, egg, and oil.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture; stir just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake corn bread until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool slightly in pan. Cut into 9 squares.
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating1 people
With cold weather just around the corner I will be making a big pot of chili.This corn bread sounds like it will go great with it! Thanks.jojo1952 in Glendale loved it