Banana Pumpkin Spice MuffinsFrom bittersweet 8 years ago
- 2 Ripe bananas shopping list
- 1/4 Cup dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 Cup canola oil shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 Cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 2/3 Cup pumpkin butter shopping list
- rolled oats shopping list
- cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- *This makes a small batch since I don’t have tons of pans with me, so I got 6 standard muffins and 4 minis, but feel free to double this to make more than a dozen. Also, I can’t say that this oven is completely trust worthy since there’s no internal thermometer, so I would just keep a close eye on your muffins while they bake.
- Preheat you oven to 350 degrees and either line a muffin tin with papers or coat it with cooking spray.
- Mash your bananas thoroughly and add in the sugar and oil, stirring to combine.
- Toss in the cinnamon, salt, both flours, baking powder and soda all at once, and mix just enough to moisten all of the dry ingredients, but there’s no need to be too thorough.
- Finally, add in the pumpkin butter and stir that well, being careful not to over-mix. The resulting batter should be rather thick.
- Spoon the batter into your prepared tins, mounding it up generously in the centers.
- Sprinkle oats and cinnamon on top as desired, and bake for 15 - 25 minutes until golden brown, and a tooth pick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack and enjoy.