Italian Shepherds Pie with Garlic Mashed PotatoesFrom dvisscher 6 years ago
- 2 lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 c diced celery shopping list
- 1 c diced carrots shopping list
- 3 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme (stemmed) shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- dash hot sauce shopping list
- 1 can (28oz) crushed or pureed tomatoes shopping list
- 1/3 c tomato paste shopping list
- garlic mashed potatoes: shopping list
- 8 large potatoes shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 8-10 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 can (19oz) white kidney beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1/4 c fresh parsley shopping list
- 4 tbsp grated parmesan shopping list
- 3 tbsp bread crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- In Dutch oven brown ground beef then drain off as much fat as you can.
- Stir in onions, garlic, carrots, celery, basil, thyme,and oregano, salt and hot sauce.
- Stir and cook for about 6 or 7 minutes until veggies are softened.
- Stir in tomatoes and tomato paste then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Spread into a greased 9x13 casserole. Set aside while you make potatoes.
- For potatoes:
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 20 minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine oil and garlic and cook until softened, taking care not to burn garlic. (5 minutes)
- Drain the potatoes, but reserve about 1/2 c of the water.
- Mash the potatoes, the kidney beans, and the garlic mixture together, using some of the reserved water for moistening. Stir in the parsley.
- Spoon the potatoes over the meat in the casserole dish.
- Combine the parmesan and bread crumbs together then sprinkle over top of the potatoes.
- Bake for 45 minutes in a 350 oven. Yum
The Cookdvisscher Cottam, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!