Banana Cream PieFrom sunny 9 years ago
- 1 deep dish ready made pie crust shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups water shopping list
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk) shopping list
- 3 egg yolks, beaten shopping list
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 medium bananas shopping list
- lemon juice from concentrate shopping list
- whipped cream, whipped shopping list
How to make it
- Bake pie crust per instructions
- In heavy saucepan, dissolve cornstarch in water; stir in Sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; add margarine and vanilla. Cool slightly.
- Slice bananas; dip in lemon juice and drain. Arrange on bottom of pie crust. Pour filling over bananas; cover.
- Chill 4 hours or until set. Top with whipped cream. Garnish with sliced bananas if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.