Scallops With Tarragon White Wine Cream SauceFrom captainsjewel 7 years ago
- 1/2 c. white wine shopping list
- 1/2 c. tarragon vinegar shopping list
- 3 T. fresh chopped tarragon shopping list
- 1 t. shallots shopping list
- 1 c. heavy cream shopping list
- dash of worceshire shopping list
- 1/2 romano cheese shopping list
- 1/2 c. grated Havarti dill shopping list
- 3/4 stick butter shopping list
- 12 sea scallops shopping list
- 1. T. olive oil shopping list
- S & P to taste shopping list
- enough cooked angel hair for 2-3 servings shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, combine white wine, tarragon vinegar, shallots and Tarragon. Cook until liquid is almost evaporated, aproximately 1 T. left.
- Stir in heavy cream and let boil down until reduced by half. Add worceshire and add Romano and Havarti Dill and stir until melted. Stir in butter 1 T. at a time, allowing each to melt before adding the next. Keep warm while preparing the scallops.
- Preheat oven on broiler setting.
- Brush scallops with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Place under preheated broiler for 2 minutes on each side, until scallops are opaque, with a bit of brown around the edges.
- Place 4 scallops over cooked pasta and spoon sauce over the top. Serve with a sprig of fresh tarragon stuck on top.
- I also like to cook some fresh asparagus and place it around the edge of the plate.
The Cookcaptainsjewel St Petersburg, FL
The Rating3 people
Excellent dish! I did it a bit differently - did not add much cheese, and used some Parmesan and a Sicilian sheep's milk cheese with truffles. Turned out wonderfully though. Will make it again for sure!sherpajohn in Toronto loved it
I made this last night. It was so good. It's a keeper for sure! It kinda reminds me of my recipe for creamy pesto. Thank you!canzi in San Diego loved it
This sauce is absolutely awesome. I love the flavor of shallot and tarragon. What a great pairing with the scallops. Teriffic dish.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!