Lasagna Betty CrockerFrom suze7 6 years ago
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- 6 oz ground lean pork shopping list
- 3/4 C chopped onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 can, 1 lb. tomatoes shopping list
- 1 can (15 oz) tomatoes shopping list
- 2 T. parsley flakes shopping list
- 2 T. sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. basil leaves, dried shopping list
- 3 C (2 12-oz cartons cottage cheese) shopping list
- 1/2 C grated parmesan shopping list
- 1 T. parsley flakes shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. oregano leaves shopping list
- 1 pkg. 8 ounce lasagne noodles, cooked & well drained shopping list
- 3/4 lb. shredded Mozerella cheese shopping list
- 1/2 C grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cook and stir ground beef, pork, onion and garlic in large saucepan or Dutch oven until meat is brown and onoin is tender.
- Drain off all fat.
- Add tomatoes and break up with a fork.
- Stir in tomato sauce, 2 T. parsley flakes, sugar, 1 tsp. salt and the basil.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 1 hour or until mixture is the consistency of Spegetti sauce.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cottage cheese, 1/2 C Parmesan cheese, 1 T. parsley flakes, 1 1/2 tsp. salt, and the oregano.
- Reserve 1/2 C meat sauce for the thin top layer.
- In ungreased baking pan, 13x9x2" , layer 1/4 each of the noodles, remaining meat sauce, the Mozerella cheese and cottage cheese mixture;
- Repeat 3 times.
- Spread reserved meat sauce over top; Sprinkle with 1/2 C parmesan cheese.
- If desired, Lasagna can be covered and refrigerated several hours at this point.
- Bake uncovered 45 min. Allow an additional 10-15 min. if it was refrigerated.
- For easier cutting, let stand 15 min. after removing from oven (highly recommended by me).
- 12 servings (3-inch square per serving).)
The Cooksuze7 Westcliffe, CO
- Not added to any groups yet!