Dominican BeansFrom deonthemom 8 years ago
How to make it
- Soak your beans covered in water over night or as long you can. Discard water. You can make the recipe without soaking the beans first, but that just means more gas.
- Put your veggies and oil in pressure cooker and saute until soft.
- Add water and soaked beans. Put lid on, turn stovetop to high to bring to pressure. When cooker starts hissing, turn heat down to low heat to maintain pressure. Cooker should remain hissing, but not a hard hiss. Keep at pressure for 20 min. Remove from heat for 5 minutes, then run water over pressure cooker until all pressure is released.
- These beans are always better the second day, and the juices thicken as they cool. Serve over rice as a main, or with chicken as a side.
The Cookdeonthemom Salem, OR
The Rating2 people
My dad is in the Dominican for half the year and he said their beans were more flavorful than my mom's old recipe. I will say the pressure cooker makes the difference in the texture. Very good recipe. Thanks.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!