Mussels in Pernod SauceFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 3 Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 1 Medium onion, Chopped shopping list
- 2 Stalks of celery, Chopped shopping list
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, Minced shopping list
- salt & pepper to Taste shopping list
- 2 plum tomatoes, Seeded, Cored And Diced Into 1/2 Inch Pieces shopping list
- 2 Cups white wine shopping list
- 1/2 Cup Pernod liqueur shopping list
- Dash of saffron shopping list
- 2-3 Pounds mussels, Scrubbed with Beards Removed shopping list
- 1/2 Cup Chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion, celery and garlic until translucent.
- Add the salt and pepper and cook 5-10 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the wine, saffron, tomatoes, and pernod, and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Add the cleaned, drained mussels, cover, and cook until the shells open, which should be about 5 additional minutes.
- Add the parsley in just before serving.
- You can serve this dish on grilled garlic bread, spooning the juices over the bread in a shallow bowl, or serve with a good crusty bread on the side.