Basic Cornmeal MushFrom oldgringo 8 years ago
How to make it
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil and add the salt.
- Mix the cornmeal with 1 cup of cold water until smooth and lump free. Stir this into the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and cover, cooking 10 to 15 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Mush is done when it begins to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Serve hot as a cooked cereal or pour into a molded shape and chill in the refrigerator.
The Cookoldgringo Cottonwood, AZ
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!