Perfect Apple PieFrom riverznnd 7 years ago
- CRUST: shopping list
- 1 box (15 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, prepared as per directions on the package. shopping list
- FILLING: shopping list
- 6 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples (about 6 medium) shopping list
- 3/4 cup of sugar shopping list
- 2 tblsp. all purpose flour (or 3 tblsp. instant tapioca pearls) shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmet shopping list
- 1 tblsp. lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Place 1 pie crust in an ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Press firmly against side and bottom.
- In a large bowl, gently mix filling ingredients, spoon into crust-lined pie plate. Top with second crust.
- Wrap excess top crust under bottom crust edge, pressing edges together to seal, then flute, or, finish edges as you are accustomed to doing. (My mama used a fork.) Cut slits or shapes in several places in the top crust.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cool on cooling rack for at least 2 hours before serving.