Coconut Dream CakeFrom dugger 9 years ago
How to make it
- Prepare cake mixes according to package directions. Bake in 4 round 9 1/2 inch pans. Cool thoroughly on a wire rack.
- FROSTING & FILLING:
- Fold together sour cream and sugar. Stir in half of the coconut (2 cups) to thicken the mixture for filling. Reserve remaining coconut to sprinkle over the cake. Measure out 1 cup of sour cream mixture and set aside, refrigerate, to make the frosting.
- Spread remaining filling between layers. Cover cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate three days to allow moisture to soak through the cake.
- Remove cake from refrigerator and prepare frosting.
- Mix reserved filling with whipped topping. Spread over cake and sprinkle with coconut.
The Cookdugger Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville), US
The Rating3 people
OMG, I can't believe someone else knows this recipe! This is my favorite cake... a friend of mine makes it for me every year on my birthday because I insist!
I first had this cake in the early 1980s... not sure where it came from, but it ...morehayamaktoum in New York loved it
VERY GOOD!! I was 'Browsing for something coconut.. i will make this for roomie's b0day friday Thanks.. HIGH FIVE FORKS!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it