CRANBERRY ALMOND BISCOTTIFrom coffeebean53 5 years ago
- 2 1/4 cups flour shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 1 tablespoon almond or vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 6-ounce package Ocean Spray® Craisins® Sweetened dried cranberries, any flavor shopping list
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk together eggs, egg whites and almond or vanilla extract in a separate mixing bowl. Add to dry ingredients, mixing just until moist, using an electric mixer on medium speed. Add sweetened dried cranberries and almonds; mix thoroughly.
- On a floured surface, divide batter in half and pat each half into a log approximately 14-inches long and 1 1/2-inches wide. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300ºF. Cut biscotti into 1/2-inch slices. Stand upright on cookie sheet and bake for an additional 20 minutes. Let cool and store in a loosely covered container. Makes about 2 1/2 dozen.
The Cookcoffeebean53 Charlotte, NC
The Rating3 people
I'm sure I could replace the cranberries with dried cherries, yes? I am going to make these right now for my dinner since my BF is out of town and I can eat whatever I want!! With ice cream! Heehee!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it