MandelschnittenFrom lor 7 years ago
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C) shopping list
- 1 lb. (450 g) ground almonds shopping list
- 1 cup (250 ml) sugar shopping list
- 1 cup (250 ml) butter (2 sticks, 225 g) shopping list
- 3 eggs (separate 1 egg white and keep for later use. shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. (2 ml) salt shopping list
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups (625 to 750 ml) flour shopping list
- *Note: I like to add a splash of pure almond extract shopping list
How to make it
- Beat butter until soft, add sugar gradually. Blend
- until very light and creamy.
- Beat in, one at a time, 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk.
- Add salt and 1/2 to 3/4 lb. (125 to 350 g) ground
- almonds. (Reserve surplus for coating tops.)
- Add enough flour to make dough the right consistency
- to roll. (You can chill until ready to roll out.)
- Roll out 1/8 inch (5 mm) thick; cut into 1" x 2" (2.5
- x 5 cm) rectangles.
- Brush with slightly beaten egg-white and invert each
- cookie into a pie-plate with ground almonds, to coat
- top of each cookie. Place on cookie sheet; bake at
- 350F (180C) for about 12 to 13 minutes, or until brown
- around edges.
- Makes 7 dozen.