Near Instant Potato SoupFrom phaggood 9 years ago
- 6-8 small idaho potatoes, cubed very very small shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 small onions, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine shopping list
- 1/4 stick butter (yes butter, not margerine) shopping list
- 1 QT water shopping list
- 1 tbsp Vegeta broth (or any other dried broth) shopping list
- 1 cup cream or 1/2 and 1/2 shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried leeks shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter, toss in onion and salt.
- After onions start to brown, toss in garlic and stir for 2-3mins.
- Add water, bring to boil.
- Add potatoes, leeks and dried broth, cover for 15mins.
- Put a fork through one of the biggest chunks to check for doneness.
- Remove cover, insert stick blender and blend until nearly smooth (leave some chunks for texture tho).
- Turn down heat, stir in cream, serve w/ good French bread
The Cookphaggood Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!