Calfs Liver With Tomatoes And OnionsFrom oldgringo 7 years ago
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 cup onion; coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1-1/2 lbs calf's liver; sliced thin shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon Richard's Spicy Seasoning Salt; *See Recipe shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced; drained shopping list
- 2 each garlic, cloves; peeled and minced shopping list
- 3 cups stock, beef; hot shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Richard's Spicy Seasoning Salt; *See Recipe shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil, add the butter and slowly sauté the onion until it is soft
- and lightly browned. Do not allow the onion to blacken. Set the cooked onions aside.
- Season the slices of liver and dredge each slice in the flour as you add it to the hot oil. Brown the liver over medium heat on each side. Beware of over-cooking since liver cooks quickly. Remove and reserve each piece as it is cooked and browned.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the dredging flour to the hot oil and make a brown roux. Stir in the beef stock and seasonings to deglaze the pan. This will form a brown light gravy.
- Return the liver and onions to the pan, along with the diced tomatoes and minced garlic, and cook smothered for about 5 minutes on a very low simmer.
- Do not let the gravy stick or scorch.
- Serve with rice, mashed or baked potatoes, vegetables and cornbread.
The Cookoldgringo Cottonwood, AZ
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!