Thai Pad Kra Pow GaiFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- chicken breasts ( one per person) shopping list
- -basil (the more the merrier) shopping list
- -ginger (doesn't really matter how much) shopping list
- -garlic (three cloves, even if you are making this dish for one person use three cloves of garlic) shopping list
- -Green chillies shopping list
- 2-onions shopping list
- -A cup of chicken stock shopping list
- -soy sauce shopping list
- -oyster sauce shopping list
- -fish sauce shopping list
How to make it
- cut up your garlic, chillis, and ginger,
- put the garlic and ginger in a bowl on the side.
- Cut your onions
- Set the onions and chillies on the side, and cut the chicken up into small chunks. Mince!
- put some oil in a wok, heat it up, and when it's good and hot (I use a tiny bit of onion to test) add the onions and chillis.
- Add more oil if you need to. When the onions are a little brown around the edges, add the chicken.
- After frying the chicken for a little while, until it's a little more white and a little less pink, add your cup of chicken stock.
- Let the chicken simmer in the stock for a while. Eventually, it won't be pink anymore, and this is when you add a shake of soy sauce (about 1.5 tbsp ).
- ...a BIG shake of oyster sauce (3 tbsp)...
- add about 1tbsp of fish sauce:
- I don't follow measurements when adding those three things. - if you want to adjust the flavour of the food, you can test the food and add more ingredients as required.
- Add lots of basil. it reduces in size .
- Let that cook for a little while, and let the basil reduce. Once it's shrunk down a bit, add the garlic and ginger.
- Stir that in, let it cook, add extra soy/fish/oyster sauces to taste,
- YOUR BASE IS YOUR PREFERENCE...NOODLES,RICE?
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating6 people
Hey, Mystic! I was going to post this (Thai Chicken with Basil) but did a search first...Your version is almost identical to mine! I also do a Gnocchi with Brown Sage Butter, and a couple of others....It's hard to believe that we show as "medium" tas...morekukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
I can not wait to make this dish. Always looking for new ways to make Yard Buzzard taste different.Thank you for posting this wonderful dish! *5*
Tilgidhtilgidh in Blackshear loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!