Highland ChickenFrom oescrazy1 9 years ago
- 1/2 cup cream sherry shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (OR 2 tbsp water mixed with 2 tbsp powdered skim milk) shopping list
How to make it
- In a shallow pan combine the following ingredients to make the marinade: sherry, garlic, oil, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Add the chicken to the marinade, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or more.
- When chicken has marinated for at least 30 minutes, melt butter in a frying pan over medium high heat.
- Quickly brown the chicken breasts, then lower the heat, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Transfer chicken to plates.
- Add water to pan to deglaze it.
- Add remaining marinade to pan, bring to a boil (important for food safety since this marinated raw chicken) and simmer until reduced by half (at least 5 minutes).
- Add cream or low-fat milk and water alternative and heat through.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Serve with noodles or rice and roasted seasonal vegetables for a wonderful meal.