Crab CakesFrom lesliegw 8 years ago
- 1 slightly beaten egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (could sub with lo-fat) shopping list
- 2 tablesppons mayonnaise or salad dressing (could sub. with lo-fat) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley shopping list
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoion prepared mustard shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 lb. crabmeat, drained, flaked, cartilage removed shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely crushed saltine crackers (I'll probably use Ritz) shopping list
- Nonstick spray coating shopping list
- 1 medium tomato, sliced shopping list
- lemon wedges shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium mixing bowl combine egg, 1/4 cup yogurt, mayonnaise or salad dressing, parsley, worcestershire sauce, mustard, paprika, pepper. Stir in crabmeat and crushed crackers.
- Shape crab mixture into five 3-inch patties.
- Spray a shallow baking pan with nonstick spray coating. Arrange patties in pan. Broil 4-6 inches from heat for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Do not turn patties during broiling.
- Serve crab cakes on tomato slices with remaining yogurt. Garnish with lemon wedges.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare crab patties; cover and chill up to 8 hours. Broil as above.
- **I plan to try this recipe under the broiler first, but I'd also like to try frying them and see which I like better.