Creamy Roasted Red Pepper And Basil Penne With ShrimpFrom ninjamama 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, drained (you can buy a jar at the store near the pickles) shopping list
- 1 8oz pkg of lite cream cheese shopping list
- 3 TBSP powdered parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 clove crushed garlic shopping list
- 6 to 6 med. size leaves of fresh basil shopping list
- ABOUT 1 cup milk (any kind) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 lb cleaned, devained, shelled shrimp (i use the 40-60 count per pound) shopping list
- 1 TBSP butter or margerine, and a drizzle of olive oil (for sauteing shrimp) shopping list
- 1 lb. penne pasta cooked shopping list
How to make it
- In a blender, add peppers, cream cheese, parmesian, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. add enough milk to just cover ingredients, blend until smooth. You don't want it too thick, or it will end up globby when you mix in the pasta!
- Heat medium sized skillet on large burner on med-high for shrimp
- Pour blended mixture in med size pan, and warm on stove over med heat, stirring often, until hot, but not boiling
- add butter and olive oil to hot skillet, as soon as melted, add shrimp. salt and pepper generously
- Stir shrimp just until all the gray in center of each shrimp turns white and pink. DO NOT OVERCOOK-YUCK!
- In a large bowl, toss pasta, blended sauce, and shrimp
- Sprinkle top with shredded parmesan
The Cookninjamama Vancouver, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!