Hamburger StrudelFrom mkhs1974 9 years ago
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry shopping list
- 1 medium onion shopping list
- 1/2 t. nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 t. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 t. paprika shopping list
- 1/2 lb. ground beef shopping list
- dash of salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 4 slices packaged ham shopping list
- 2 T. sesame seeds shopping list
How to make it
- Thaw the puff pastry sheets.
- Finely chop the onion. Mix together the onion, nutmeg, cinnamon and paprika in the hamburger. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Separate the egg and slightly beat the yolk and egg white separately.
- Roll out the pastry sheets and make two out of the four by overlapping and sealing the two seams. Brush the two sheets with the egg white.
- Put two slices of ham on one set of pastry sheets and spread the ground beef mix on top. Keep the edges free. Put the other two slices of ham on top of the beef mixture and cover with the other pastry sheet.
- Join the edges of the two sheets and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 395 degrees. Put a sheet of baking paper on a cookie sheet. Brush egg yolk on top of the strudel and sprinkle the sesame seeds on it.
- Bake the strudel for about 30 minutes, until golden brown and done.