Dulce De Leche CheesecakeFrom cherriepie 7 years ago
- 400g Oreo cookies shopping list
- 150g melted unsalted butter shopping list
- 750g cream cheese(such as Philadelphia) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspn vanilla extract shopping list
- 600g dulce de leche, bought or made from 2 tins of condensed milk (see note below) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornflour shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 140c
- Put the oreo cookies in a plastic bag and bash them into crumbs with a rolling pin.
- Transfer the biscuits from the bag into a bowl, pour over the melted butter and mix well.
- Pour into a well buttered 23cm springform tin and spread evenly pressing it down.
- Chill for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile put the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl, beat in your vanilla and the duche de leche and then add the eggs one at a time.
- Finally beat in the cornflour and pour the mixture on top of the biscuit base.
- Bake for 1hour and 30 mins.
- When cool, remove from the tin and serve.
- Note - How to make dulce de leche
- Place an UNOPENED can of condensed milk in a suacepan of gently boiling water. MAKE SURE THE CAN IS COVERED IN WATER.
- Simmer for 3 hours. NEVER let the pan boil dry because if it is not fully submereged in the water, the can will explode and destroy your kitchen.
- Carefully lift the hot can from the water and leave to cool completely.
- Empty the can ito a jar and it is now ready for use.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookcherriepie Melbourne, AU
The Rating4 people
This sounds really good but I don't know how to make dulce de leche - do they have it in Coles or Safeway or anyother aussie supermarket?aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
I love dulce de leche, it's very popular in South America, it has different names in each country... Very good recipe, thanks for sharing it!berry in Riverside loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!