Dulce De Leche CheesecakeFrom cherriepie 8 years ago
- 400g Oreo cookies shopping list
- 150g melted unsalted butter shopping list
- 750g cream cheese(such as Philadelphia) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspn vanilla extract shopping list
- 600g dulce de leche, bought or made from 2 tins of condensed milk (see note below) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornflour shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 140c
- Put the oreo cookies in a plastic bag and bash them into crumbs with a rolling pin.
- Transfer the biscuits from the bag into a bowl, pour over the melted butter and mix well.
- Pour into a well buttered 23cm springform tin and spread evenly pressing it down.
- Chill for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile put the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl, beat in your vanilla and the duche de leche and then add the eggs one at a time.
- Finally beat in the cornflour and pour the mixture on top of the biscuit base.
- Bake for 1hour and 30 mins.
- When cool, remove from the tin and serve.
- Note - How to make dulce de leche
- Place an UNOPENED can of condensed milk in a suacepan of gently boiling water. MAKE SURE THE CAN IS COVERED IN WATER.
- Simmer for 3 hours. NEVER let the pan boil dry because if it is not fully submereged in the water, the can will explode and destroy your kitchen.
- Carefully lift the hot can from the water and leave to cool completely.
- Empty the can ito a jar and it is now ready for use.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookcherriepie Melbourne, AU
The Rating4 people
I love dulce de leche, it's very popular in South America, it has different names in each country... Very good recipe, thanks for sharing it!berry in Winter Park loved it
This sounds really good but I don't know how to make dulce de leche - do they have it in Coles or Safeway or anyother aussie supermarket?aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!