Spinach and Cheese FrittataFrom flavorsofitaly 6 years ago
- 1/2 lb fresh spinach, chopped (or 10 oz pkg frozen, thawed and squeezed dry) shopping list
- 3 Tbl extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 Tbl butter shopping list
- 8 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup freshly shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In large skillet, saute spinach in olive oil and butter, about 4 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs till frothy, then stir in cheese, nutmeg, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour mixture evenly into skillet and shake skillet to cover bottom evenly. Heat over medium heat.
- When bottom is formed and browned, put large heatproof plate over skillet, flip, and slide frittata back into skillet to cook top, or leave in skillet, (make sure handle is heatproof!) and place under broiler to brown top.