Spanish OmeletFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 1 large egg(s) shopping list
- 2 large egg white(s) shopping list
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste shopping list
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste shopping list
- 2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium scallion(s), finely chopped shopping list
- 1 small tomato(es), seeded and diced shopping list
- 3 large olive(s), sliced shopping list
- 1 Tbsp canned green chili peppers, diced shopping list
- 2 Tbsp Shredded cheddar cheese. shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk together egg, egg white, salt and pepper in a small bowl until just blended; set aside.
- In a large, nonstick omelet pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add egg and tilt pan so eggs cover entire pan bottom.
- Cook, without stirring, until bottom of eggs begins to set, about 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle scallion, tomatoes, olives, chili peppers and cheese evenly across eggs.
- Tilt pan upward at a slight angle and jerk handle sharply toward you to slide eggs toward the far side of pan.
- Free any stuck egg with spatula.
- Cook, moving pan back and forth over heat, until eggs are cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes. Fold in half to serve.