Chocolate Fire CakeFrom pointsevenout 8 years ago
- 1c sugar shopping list
- 1/3c butter, softened shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 1/4c all-purpose flour shopping list
- 6T unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 1 1/2t baking powder shopping list
- 1t ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2t ground red pepper shopping list
- 1/4t salt shopping list
- 3/4c 1% low-fat milk shopping list
- 2t vanilla extract shopping list
- baking spray with flour shopping list
- 2T semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Beat sugar and butter at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended (about 5 minutes). Add egg, beating well, Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Combine milk and vanilla. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Pour batter into a 9-inch round cake pan coated with baking spray. Bake at 350* for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool cake completely on wire rack.
- Place chips in a small heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag, and seal. Submerge bag in very hot water until chips melt, or microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until melted. Snip a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag; drizzle chocolate over cake.
- Serving size: 1 wedge; 233 calories; 32% from fat.