Red Beans And RiceFrom cyates798 9 years ago
- 2 pounds dried red beans shopping list
- 1 pound salt pork, cut into 1-inch cubes shopping list
- 1 cup onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- Hot cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- Sort and wash beans, place in large Dutch Oven. Cover with water 2 inches above beans, let soak overnight.
- Drain beans, cover with more water and bring to a boil. Add next 6 ingredients, stir gently.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until beans are tender and a thick gravy is formed. Add water to prevent beans from sticking, if necessary.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Serve over hot cooked rice with hot sauce.