Pickled JalapenosFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 15 pounds whole blemish free medium fresh jalapeno peppers shopping list
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 10 small white onions sliced and separated into rings shopping list
- 5 medium carrots thinly sliced crosswise shopping list
- 5 large garlic cloves chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground Mexican oregano shopping list
- 3 fresh bay leaves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons salt shopping list
- 3 cups distilled white vinegar shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups distilled water shopping list
How to make it
- Scrub jalapenos trimming off stems then set aside.
- Into large deep heavy pot pour 1/2 cup oil and heat until almost smoking then reduce heat.
- Add onions, garlic and carrots then stir only until onions are clear.
- Add oregano, bay leaves and salt then stir to mix.
- Add vinegar and water then bring to a boil stirring often.
- Continue to boil and stir until salt is dissolved then add remaining oil and return to a boil.
- Stir in jalapenos and remove from heat.
- Fill 20 hot sterilized 1-pint jars leaving 1-1/2" head space.
- Wipe rims clean with boiling water then seal jars tightly with canning lids and rings.
- Cool jars at room temperature out of drafts.
- Store in a cool dry place until ready to use.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!