Philipino Leche FlanFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- Filipino Leche Flan Recipe shopping list
- Preparation time: 30 minutes shopping list
- Estimated cooking time: 1 hour shopping list
- Leche Flan Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 can (390g) evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 can (390g) condensed milk shopping list
- 10 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or lemon essence shopping list
- For the caramel: shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, mix the sugar & water.
- Bring to a boil for a few minutes until the sugar caramelize.
- Pour the caramelized sugar into aluminum moulds - you can use any shape: oval, round or square.
- Spread the caramel on the bottom of the moulds.
- Mix well the evaporated milk, condensed milk, egg yolks and vanilla by hand or blender.
- Gently pour the mixture on top of the caramel on the aluminum moulds.
- Fill the moulds to about 1 to 1 1/4 inch thick.
- Cover moulds individually with aluminum foil.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
- Before baking the Leche Flan, place the moulds on a larger baking pan half filled with very hot water.
- Pre-heat oven to about 370 degrees before baking.
- Let cool then refrigerate.
- To serve: run a thin knife around the edges of the mould to loosen the Leche Flan.
- Place a platter on top of the mould and quickly turn upside down to position the golden brown caramel on top.
- You can tell when the Leche Flan is cooked by inserting a knife -if it comes out clean, it is cooked.