Vegan Omelet For OneFrom oescrazy1 6 years ago
- 6 ounces (1/2 package) lite silken tofu (or regular extra-firm silken tofu) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast shopping list
- 1 tablespoon potato starch or cornstarch shopping list
- 1 teaspoon tahini shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste shopping list
- 1 pinch chipotle pepper or smoked paprika (optional) shopping list
- Also needed: shopping list
- Omelet filling of choice (have filling warm or at room temperature) shopping list
How to make it
- Blend together all ingredients until smooth. You may use any small blender or hand blender. To use a larger blender, you may have to make a double batch.)
- Spray a large non-stick skillet with olive oil and heat on medium-high until very hot. Pour the batter into the center of the skillet in a circular pattern about 6-8 inches across, and use a spoon or spatula to smooth over the top. Place your filling ingredients over the batter, and reduce the heat to low.
- I filled my omelet with sautéed mushrooms and fresh spinach.
- Cover and cook for about 2-4 minutes, checking often to see if it's done. When the edges have dried out, lift a small section with a spatula and check to see that the omelet is set. It will be golden in color, but not browned. When it's ready, loosen the omelet by sliding the spatula under it from each direction, and then fold one side over the other.
- Cook for about one more minute. Carefully lift or slide it onto a plate and serve hot.
The Cookoescrazy1 AR
- Not added to any groups yet!