CHILE CON CARNEFrom softshellcrab 9 years ago
- 2 pounds beef cubed (or chile grind) shopping list
- 1 pound pork cubed (or chile grind) shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 2 T. oil shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 large can tomatoes or 1 quart fresh tomatoes chopped fine shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups red chile pulp (we get the frozen pulp in NM, but you can make your own if you have dried red chile pods) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tablespoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon powdered cumin (comino)....more if you like., shopping list
How to make it
- Brown onion and garlic in oil, add meat, cover and steam thoroughly.
- Put tomatoes in blender and chop fine, add to meat.
- Add chile and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add seasonings and cook for at least two hours. The longer the better.
The Cooksoftshellcrab Albuquerque, NM
- Not added to any groups yet!