Lemon Rosemary Chicken BakeFrom hollyeats 8 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Drizzle some olive oil in a pan and dredge the chicken pieces in it, turning to coat evenly. Breast/wing pieces should be toward the center.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and dried rosemary evenly on all surfaces of chicken.
- Cut onions into thinnish wedges, place around chicken pieces and drizzle with more olive oil.
- Juice two of the lemons; slice the (untreated) third one thinly, removing the seeds.
- Turn chicken skin down and pour lemon juice over all chicken pieces,
- Bake for about 20 minutes; turn chicken over and baste with pan juices.
- Place slices of lemon on and between chicken pieces. Return to oven.
- The onions should caramelize a bit. Should they start to brown too much and head toward burning, add a bit of water to the pan and scrape the onions up so they stay moist.
- Bake another 20 minutes or until chicken is golden-brown.
- Serve garnished with sprigs of fresh rosemary. Great with roast or pan-fried potatoes, and green beans.