Cherry PieFrom sunny 9 years ago
- 1 nine-inch vanilla wafer pie crust. shopping list
- 4 cups of pitted cherries. shopping list
- 2 cups of whipped cream. shopping list
- 1 cup of white sugar. shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of cold water. shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch. shopping list
- 4 teaspoons of lemon juice. shopping list
- ¼ envelope of unflavored gelatin. shopping list
- whipped cream, to serve with. shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, soften the gelatin in the cold water. Set aside.
- In a suitably sized saucepan, mash 2 cups (half) of the cherries with the white sugar. Next, add in cornstarch and lemon juice; stirring gently.
- Cook over a medium heat, stirring until the mixture turns thick and transparent.
- Remove from the heat and add the gelatin and stir.
- Slice the other 2 cups of cherries into the crust, then pour the mixture over top.
- Chill for 5-6 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream.