Hummus Dip On The Lite SideFrom lor 8 years ago
- 1 can (15 oz.) chick peas, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 2-3 cloves finely minced garlic (or to taste) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. sesame tahini shopping list
- 6-8 Tbsp. reduced sodium vegetable broth or water shopping list
- 1-2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- A pinch of vegeta or Mrs. Dash shopping list
- Note: I usually double this recipe because it is so popular! shopping list
How to make it
- In blender or food processor, place chickpeas, garlic, tahini, broth or water, lemon juice and oil. Blend on high speed until mixture is smooth. Add salt substitutes to taste, if desired. Pour mixture into serving bowl. Drizzle a little EVOO and dust lightly with paprika. Add a sprig of parsley and voila...
- Can be served with raw vegetables, corn chips, rice crackers or other chips.
- Makes 1-1/4 cups.