Cake And Wine Pudding Kucha Un WeiFrom cherihannah 6 years ago
How to make it
- Put pieces of sponge cake & a few macaroons into a large baking dish until dish is 1/2 full.
- Mix cornstarch and sugar together in top of double boiler and slowly add 1/2 cup of wine, stirring to blend
- Heat remaining wine,in separate pot
- Add the hot wine gradually to the cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly
- Continue to stir, bring to boiling, and cook about 3 min.
- Stir a small am't of hot mixture into the egg yolks,beaten
- Blend into remaining wine mixture
- Cook over simmering water, 3 to 5 min., stirring slowly
- Pour over cake & set aside to cool.
- When cool, beat the egg whites until frothy.
- Add the sugar gradually, beating well after each addition
- Cover the pudding with the meringue and sprinkle with nuts
- Bake at 325F about 10 min or until meringue is lightly browned
- Serve cold. About 8 servings