Crockpot BBQ pulled porkFrom eh270 9 years ago
- 2 lbs BBQ pork shoulder or butt shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons corn or canola oil shopping list
- 1 24oz bottle KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes shopping list
- Soft sandwich rolls, scooped out shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Turn the slow cooker on high.
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm the oil.
- Add the pork pieces and brown well on all sides, about 12 minutes total. Transfer the pork to the slow cooker.
- Pour off all but about 1 tablespoon fat from the frying pan, and return the pan to medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the BBQ sauce into the pan; you may add a little bit of hot water to the bottle to get all of the sauce out. Add the red pepper flakes, and some black pepper if you like things spicy.
- When the BBQ sauce begins to bubble, pour it over the pork in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook for 4-6 hours.
- Transfer the pork pieces to a platter. Using a pair of forks, shred each piece of pork, removing and discarding any large pieces of fat. Skim off the excess fat from the surface of the sauce and return the pork pieces to the sauce. Stir to combine.
- Serve the pork and sauce atop the sandwich rolls.
The Cookeh270 New York
- Not added to any groups yet!