Tequila Lime Fish MarinadeFrom hollyeats 8 years ago
- 4 large mild white fish fillets shopping list
- Marinade: shopping list
- 1/2 cup lime juice (fresh is best) shopping list
- 2 TBS tequila shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. Tabasco, depending on your preferred heat level shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander (Mexican parsley) shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- salt, pepper and paprika to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Whiz all ingredients for marinade together in blender or food processor until well blended.
- Spread fillets in a large flat pan in a single layer, or (my preferred method) place them in a large Ziplock bag.
- Pour over the marinade, making sure all surfaces are coated evenly. Seal the bag or cover the pan with clear wrap, and chill for from 1 to 3 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat broiler and grease broiler pan.
- Place fish about 6-8 inches from heat source and broil, basting with remaining marinade, for about 5 minutes each side or until fish flakes. Could be less time or more, depending on the thickness of your fillets.
- Heat remaining marinade through in the microwave and serve it drizzled as a sauce over the broiled fish.
- Good with parslied or herbed rice and julienne carrots.
The Cookhollyeats Shaftesbury, UK
- Not added to any groups yet!