Mascarpone Fig Jam CookiesFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 1/2 Cup Or 1 Stick unsalted butter, Brought To Room Temperature shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar shopping list
- 1 Large egg shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 Cup Softened mascarpone cheese shopping list
- 2 3/4 Cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 Cup fig jam, Or jam Of Choice shopping list
How to make it
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light.
- Add the egg and vanilla, and mix until smooth.
- Add the mascarpone cheese, and beat until smooth.
- Sift together the dry ingredients, and fold them into the butter mixture, mixing just until combined.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap, and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place sheets of parchment paper, or silicone baking liners on two cookie pans.
- On a lightly floured counter or board, roll the dough into 1/2 inch balls.
- Using a blunt round object like the end of a wooden spoon, create an indentation in the center of each cookie.
- Place the cookies 2 inches apart, and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or just as the cookies begin to color.
- While still warm, use the spoon to redifine the circle, and then carefully spoon a little jam into each cookie.
- Let sit at room temperature until the jam is set.
- Store in an airtight container.