Tex-Mex Chili PowderFrom oldgringo 8 years ago
- 4 tablespoons fine New Mexico ground chile shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fine ground ancho chile shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fine ground pasilla negro chile shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fine ground chipotle chile shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fine ground cayenne chile shopping list
- 1 tablespoon onion powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fine ground Mexican oregano shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fine ground cumino shopping list
How to make it
- This is a very hot chili powder. With the exception of cayenne chile all these Mexican chiles are dried, roasted and ground into fine powders. The chipotle and cayenne are the hottest; the New Mexico is usually the mildest. You may adjust these chiles and their amounts to create different levels of chile "heat." These fine ground Mexican chiles are usually available from Internet spice merchants. The fine ground pasilla negro chile makes excellant sauces for enchiladas, etc.
- Mix all ingredients until well blended. Store in a covered container.
- Use as directed in "chili" and sauce recipes.