Italian Polish Sausage BakeFrom jackmuldoon 8 years ago
- 1 to two Pkgs. mild sweet Italian sausage, 10 links minimum. shopping list
- 4 bell peppers, 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 orange, 1 green, If available, or just red, yellow and green. shopping list
- 2medium to large onions, white preferred or vidalia. shopping list
- 1 Quart white button mushrooms sliced. shopping list
- 2 -15 ounce cans tomato sauce. shopping list
- 1 - 4 0z. can tomato paste. shopping list
- 1 -12 ounce can chicken broth. shopping list
- 2TBSPs. oregano. shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste. shopping list
- meatballs-My concoction. shopping list
- 1/2 LB. ground chuck.1/2 LB ground veal, 1/2 LB ground pork. shopping list
- 2eggs. shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs. shopping list
- 1 PKG liptons dried onion soup mix. shopping list
- dash of milk.(about 1 cup) Mix all ingredents for meatball recipe together and shape into nice sized meatballs. shopping list
- Simmer into sauce along with other ingredients. shopping list
- When this is all cooked, add your favorite pasta and enjoy.! shopping list
How to make it
- Unpackage, rinse and cut links into 1&1/2 inch pieces.
- In a skillet, simmer pieces until pink is gone and browned on medium low heat. let sit.
- Decore bell peppers of stem, cut in half, deseed, and rinse under cold water.
- Slice peppers into strips the length of pepper, about a 1/4 inch wide.
- Peel and slice onions, mushrooms in half and julienne.
- Saute peppers, onions and mushrooms (about 5 to 8 mins. on medium heat) and these and sausage back into roasting pan.
- Place all of the remaining ingredients from above list into the roasting pan, except the Meatballs and stir lightly.
- In a seperate pan follow recipe for meatball mixture.
- Meatballs-Combine ground chuck veal and pork , 1 egg, 11/2 cup italian seasoning bread crumbs, and 1 pkg. onion soup mix, plus dash of milk to mix and form meatballs.
- Use same skillet as used to brown sausage.
- Brown and simmer meatballs and add to pot.
- Bake @ 350 for 1-1&1/2 hours.
- Cook and strain your favorite pasta noodle and pour this combo over the top or eat alone!
The Cookjackmuldoon Redford, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!