Homemade Southern Banana PuddingFrom sweetthing1953 8 years ago
- 1 12 oz. box vanilla wafers shopping list
- 3 ripe bananas (sliced) shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 3 eggs well beaten shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 8 1/2 cups milk (I used 2% milk) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Lay vanilla wafers and sliced bananas in large bowl.
- Blend all other ingredients in large heavy sauce pan.
- Take whisk and blend well.
- Heat well over low - medium heat until mixture thickens.
- When hot and thick pour over vanilla wafers.
- Let cool and keep refrigerated.
- Key to this recipe: Keep stirring the pot so that the pudding does not lump.
The Cooksweetthing1953 Sharpsburg, GA
- Not added to any groups yet!