Duggers Italian Beef And Potato CasseroleFrom pointsevenout 9 years ago
- 10c crock pot juice from Dugger’s Italian Shredded beef Sandwich Crock Pot Recipe. shopping list
- That’s right. You have to make Dugger’s recipe first, before you make this one. shopping list
- 3# potatoes, your choice, cubed shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 2t olive oil shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed, minced shopping list
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded, de-veined, thin vertical strip cut shopping list
- 2# ground beef, 93% lean shopping list
- 1 1/2t fresh dill, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2t fresh thyme, stripped, chopped shopping list
- 1/2c all-purpose flour shopping list
- 8oz sour cream shopping list
- 1/2c extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1/2c mozzarella cheese, shredded shopping list
How to make it
- Make Dugger’s Italian Shredded Beef Sandwich Crock Pot Recipe (this site) and enjoy the sandwich. I recommend making Chefjeb’s hamburger bun recipe (this site). Decant off the crock pot juice and refrigerate overnight.
- Skim fat from crock pot juice and discard. Juice should be about 10 cups if the recipe was made right. Pour the juice in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add potatoes. Bring Dutch oven to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Heat large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray and olive oil. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds. Add bell peppers and saute about 7 minutes until peppers slacken. Add ground beef; stirring to crumble, and brown. Drain beef mixture in colander (discarding juice) and spread mixture out on bottom of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Wipe skillet clean.
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Return skillet to stove top over medium heat. Drain potatoes, reserving liquid. Add 2/3 of potatoes to a bowl for mashing, let cool. Meanwhile add remaining 1/3 potatoes to skillet, dill, thyme, and 1 cup potato liquid. Saute gently until liquid is almost evaporated. Add flour to skillet potatoes; stir-in. Add 4 cups potato juice; stirring until thickened. Pour potato gravy over meat mixture in baking dish; smooth. Mash potatoes in bowl; adding sour cream, and 1 cup potato juice. Spoon mashed potatoes over gravy mixture in baking dish; smooth.
- Bake at 400* for 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Mix cheeses and sprinkle on top; bake until melted. Remove from oven and let stand for 15 minutes.