Gingery Crock Pot Sweet and Sour ChickenFrom dvisscher 6 years ago
- 2 carrots, sliced shopping list
- 2 green peppers, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 onions cut into quarters shopping list
- 4 tbsp chopped crystallized ginger (more if you like) shopping list
- 2/3 c packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 8oz cans pineapple chunks, undrained shopping list
- 2/3 c red wine vinegar shopping list
- 8 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 7 tbsp instant tapioca shopping list
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 red pepper sliced thinly shopping list
- 4 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp instant chicken bouillon granules shopping list
- 6 sprigs fresh parsley for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Place carrots, green peppers, and onions on bottom of crockpot insert. (I use a 6 quart crock pot for this.)
- Sprinkle the tapioca over the veggies then place the chicken on top of the veggies.
- Place the red pepper slices on top of the chicken.
- In a mixing bowl combine the brown sugar, pineapple chunks with their juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, crystallized ginger, soy sauce, and bouillon. Stir to dissolve the sugar then pour over the chicken.
- Cover and let cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley over all during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
The Cookdvisscher Cottam, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!