Chinese Star Anise PorkFrom oldgringo 9 years ago
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 1/3 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 3 fresh ginger root slices; 1/8-inch thick shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves; minced shopping list
- 2 dried star anise pods shopping list
- 2 cinnamon sticks; 2-inch pieces shopping list
- 3 pounds pork, tenderloin, roast or butt; cleaned, trimmed shopping list
How to make it
- Crush the quarter sized slices of ginger with the flat surface of the cleaver. Mix all the other broth ingredients in a pot, add the pork meat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, turning occasionally.
- Cook until meat is fork tender; 1 hour for tenderloin and 2-1/2 hours for roast or butt.
- When done remove the pork, cool it, then cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Thinly slice the meat across the grain and serve with condiments.
The Cookoldgringo Cottonwood, AZ
The Rating4 people
I LOVE this! thank you for post Richard!
mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
YUM :) I make a heated version, Chinese in origin (Spicy Caramel Pork; I've posted it...) that is very good; I will look forward to making a cold, appetizer version of it :0 Thank you :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
Thanks Richard looks greatpops in Southlake loved it