Basic Red Wine BrothFrom oldgringo 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups onion; finely chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste shopping list
- 2 garlic clove; minced shopping list
- 1 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 2 cups beef stock shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Saute the onion in the oil and butter until lightly browned.
- Add tomato paste and cook until color darkens. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Deglaze the pan with red wine dissolving all the brown material on the bottom of the pan.
- Add beef stock and thyme leaves and simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
- Strain broth before using.