Roasted Red Pepper And Pesto Stuffed Leg Of LambFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
- 3/4 cup firmly packed fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/4 cup of rosemary leaves shopping list
- 1/4 cup of firmly packed mint leaves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 4 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 2 tbsp of grated lemon rind shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil shopping list
- 1 5 lb. boneless leg of lamb shopping list
- 1 jar of fire roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry shopping list
- 2 teaspoons of lemon pepper seasoning shopping list
- 2 teaspoons of adobo seasoning shopping list
- 4 tbsp of Dijon mustard shopping list
- Fresh cracked black pepper shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using the food chopper, mince the parsley, rosemary, mint, red pepper flakes, garlic, and lemon rind. Grind til nearly a paste, add olive oil.
- Unroll the lamb (bless your butcher) cut side up on to plastic wrap covered work surface. Spread the pesto to cover the surface of the cut side of the lamb. Cover with a layer of red pepper. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the lemon pepper seasoing and 1/2 of he adobo seasoning.
- Roll up the lamb. Tie with butcher's twine every 3 inches or so.
- Mix remaining lemon pepper, and adobo into the mustard.
- Rub surface entirely with this mixture, then coat the meat with a little more fresh ground pepper and a generous rub of sea salt. You want the effect of the coarse grind salt and pepper to be almost like a crust..
- Roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake at 350 degree for 60 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the lamb leg reaches 145 degrees for medium rare. (Allow at least 15 to 20 minutes of resting time in your cook time)
- Cut the string and slice to serve.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating3 people
What a wonderful recipe! Thank you !mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it