Cheese and Macaroni SaladFrom jaie 9 years ago
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni shopping list
- 10 ounces frozen sweet peas shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 4 green onions, sliced, about 1/2 cup shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced celery shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, turn into bite-sized pieces, about 3 cups shopping list
- 1/2 cup bacon crumbles shopping list
How to make it
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Rinse frozen peas under running water to separate.
- Mix macaroni, peas, cheese, onions, celery, mayonnaise, relish and salt.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, toss with lettuce and bacon crumbles.
- Cheese and bologna salad:
- Substitute 1 cup cut-up bacon for the bacon crumbles.
- Cheese and chicken salad:
- Substitue 1 cup cooked chicken or turkey for the cheese.
- Cheese and frank salad;
- Subsitute 3 hot dogs, cooked and sliced, for the bacon.
- Cheese and shrimp salad:
- Subsitute 6 ounces of shrimp for the cheese.
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!